Facebook Connect for Drupal (FConnect) Beta 3 available for download
NOTE: A newer version of this module is available here.
If you are the kinds who just want the bits, skip everything below and just download the module at the end of this article and get going. Good Luck!
(Note: You need to be logged in to get the download link)
Beta 3 is about a lot of “mores”:
- More options around the Facebook Share button
- Control which kind of content shows this button
- Configure Button look-n-feel
- More control over the login button options (now you can use either the Drupal login form or the FConnect block to show the Facebook login button)
- More stability
- Fixes for Facebook API updates
In addition, you still enjoy all existing features:
- Login using Facebook Credentials (also in Beta 1)
- Configure the Facebook Connect Block (also in Beta 1)
- Recent Status Update (from Beta 2)
- Allow existing users to associate their site account with Facebook (from Beta 2)
- Facebook Share button (from Beta 2)
Here are little more details on the new feature.
Facebook Share Button
There are following new options to play with around the facebook share button:
- Optionally, show button in teaser views (think front page)
- Optionally, choose the button style from many available styles from Facebook for the teaser/full/both views
- Optionally, choose to display a big share button with share count in Full content view
You can configure these options from the settings page for the FConnect module:
In addition you can also control, what content types should show the share button. Simply go to Content types, click to edit the content type and then select/de-select the check-box “Show Facebook Share button on this type of node” under Workflow Settings.
As I suggested above, there are more control options for the FConnect block. You can now additionally show a login button in the block. This will help those who don’t use the Drupal login form.
Installation instructions are available at the Beta 1 page.
Note: If you are upgrading an earlier version, you would need to uninstall the module and install again. You may also run the <siteroot>/update.php.
To uninstall and install again, do this:
- Go to Modules in your Administration theme
- De-select FConnect and Save. This step uninstalls
- Select and save again. This re-installs
If you like this effort, please consider supporting it in the form of donations. Click below to donate.
The module can be downloaded by clicking the attachment below.
Note: You need to be logged in to download the module.